- Combo Students are to wear PINK convertible tights, PINK ballet slippers and any colored leotard.
- Hip Hop class attire is comfortable clothes to move in and an athletic shoe without much traction.
- Hair must be pulled back away from the face and up away from the neck.
- No panties under dance wear.
- No baggy clothing except for hip hop.
- Male ballet dancers will wear white ballet slippers, shorts, a white t-shirt and white socks.
- All students belongings must be labeled (especially ballet slippers) with child’s name and kept in a dance bag at all times.
- No jewelry except ear studs can be worn during class.
- Ballet laces and slipper strings must be tied correctly in a knot, (not pulled out) snipped and tucked into ballet slippers.
- Ballet slippers are special and should ONLY be worn in class and not outside the studio.
- All students must register before they can take a dance class at our school each year. Starting January 1, 2018 there will be a $25.00 registration fee for all adult and children's classes per each enrollment year. There will be a $10.00 fee for additional family member enrolled.
- A late registration fee of $20.00 will be charged after August 15 of each year, so early registration is recommended.
- Tuition for classes must be made before the 15th of each month. Payments made after the 15th of the month will have a 10% late charge fee.
- Fall classes start the last week of August and end with a spring recital the first week of June.
- There are NO classes the last 2 weeks of the year, Thanksgiving or Easter.
- Students should arrive 5 minutes prior to the start of their class
- If a student comes to class 15 minutes late they may be asked to sit and watch the class. Warm-ups are very important in a dance class and prevent injury!
- There are no refunds unless the instructor cancels a class session.
- If a teacher will be absent that class will be made up at another scheduled time by the teacher, but If a student is absent from a class there will not be a makeup class given unless the same exact class is being offered during the same session.
- Any person can try a class free of charge.
- If you refer a student for the school dance year you will receive a 10% discount on tuition at the end of the dance season.
- We ask students leaving class to please exit quickly so the incoming class may start their class on time.
- If a student will be absent from class please call Susan at 316-288-9374 and inform her.
- Parents may sit and watch the first day and the last day of classes.
- At registration the first month's payment or session fee is due as well as the registration fee.
- To cancel a private class, Susan needs 24 hours' notice; otherwise the class will still be charged.
- Children must go to the bathroom before class begins and not during class unless it’s an emergency
- Children will not sit during class unless instructed by the teacher
- Neither food nor drinks allowed during class, except water.
- During a break between classes children can eat a snack that they brought with them.
- Students will not hang on the ballet Barres or swing on them.
- No gum
- Children will not interrupt the teacher when he/she is teaching nor interrupt other students who ask questions or need clarification and attention from the instructor.
- If a child’s behavior seems distracting or disrespectful to the instructor or other children in class the instructor will ask them to sit out of class and wait till they are ready to act appropriately. If an instructor sees a pattern of misbehavior in classes the instructor will need to sit down with the child and their parent before the child can attend any more classes.